Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Waltzing Matilda

I fell in love with this Rolf Harris YouTube video of Waltzing Matilda.  The video itself is a slide show of Australian animals which my children were very excited about after studying Australia for two weeks.  We had to watch the video several times because the firs couple times they were so focused on the animals that they hardly listened to the vocals. 

The audio behind the slide show is of Rolf Harris giving a description of the terminology used in Waltzing Matilda and then a rousing rendition of the famous song that many think should be Australia's national anthem.

Sadly, I have not been able to get a YouTube video embedded in a blog post since I switched to Blogger so I'm going to just have to settle on giving you a link.

Waltzing Matilda - Rolf Harris

No comments: