Monday, February 20, 2012

Found Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest So my friend Maryellen told me about this site called Pinterest and I finally got around to checking it out.  A little confusing to me at first but now that I've used it to start organizing my "pins" I'm loving it!

It's basically just a virtual cork board.  Anything you find on the net that you want to remember or know you won't remember but you want to come back to, you can pin to your Pinterest board.  I like this so much better than previous favorites and bookmarking site because everything is in pictures so it appeals to my visual sense and then you can label things so down the line if you don't remember why you saved the link, you have the description right there.

You can also check out other pinners and repin their pins to your boards so it's a great way to find more ideas to implement in your homeschool, or for crafting or recipes or just about anything.  By following people with similar interests you can fine tune your web wanderings.  AND you can choose to follow a person or just a few of their boards.  It's pretty cool.

I wish someone had told me about this sooner.  While perusing some of my favorite blogs, I found several other  homeschool bloggers who are on Pinterest too.

2 comments:

Kris said...

You know I am going to have to check this out now :o)

Unknown said...

I thought of you immediately when i wrote this post! :)