Monday, September 13, 2010

September Edition of the Hands On Homeschool Blog Carnival


This month I am excited about the start of the new school year and it has me thinking about field trips.  I hope you don't mind that I've included photos of my recent visit to Boston, a perfect field trip location and so inspiring to those of us who love history.  Welcome to the latest edition of the Hands On Homeschool Blog Carnival!

Melissa presents a Math Giveaway - Bragging about our math curriculum! posted at Bugs, Knights, and Turkeys In the Yard.

The USS Constitution at rest in the harbor at Charlestown.  Behind her is the Bunker Hill Monument. 

Lynn has some lapbooking resources to share with you in her post Lapbooks for Autumn posted at Eclectic Education.

Paul Revere's home
Angie presents Making Changes!! for our Charlotte Mason enthusiasts posted at Live, Love, Learn.

The Old North Church, still being used today and now surrounded by townhouses
Pamela presents Bricks and Brains posted at Blah, Blah, Blog.  My son enjoyed this post as much as I!

Above the entrance inside the Old North Church
Dawn presents The Art of Drawing Things Apart? posted at my4sweetums.   I think you'll enjoy the fun twists and turns this lesson took when the kids got hold of it.

The Robert Shaw Memorial sitting across the street from our state house.  This is beautiful to look at up close with the attention to detail the artist paid.  If you received the posters of artwork from Picturing America almost two years ago, this is included.
Our next contributor was kind enough to give us two submissions that are perfect for our Hands On Carnival.  Melissa presents Fresco Painting and Carolina Sphinx Moth posted at In The Sparrows Nest.

I wish I had gotten a better picture but a bus got in my way.  The first time the Declaration of Independence was read in Massachusetts it was on the balcony of this building you see behind the trees.  It is also the site of the Boston Massacre which apparently wasn't much of a massacre at all.

Finally I am going to share my camping trip which makes a great hands on field trip! 

Thanks for visiting me here at Talking to Myself.  I hope you enjoyed the carnival.  Next month we'll be over at Jimmie's Collage so be sure to stop on by or better yet, submit your blog post describing your latest hands-on adventure.

Submit your blog article to the next edition of Hands On Homeschool Blog Carnival using our carnival submission form. Past posts and future hosts can be found on our blog carnival index page.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great Carnival! LOVED the PHOTO's you included!! Thanks for hosting!!